- 5 Minutes to read
- 5 Minutes to read
Rivery pricing is consumption-based. Consumption is calculated in credits, or Rivery Pricing Units (RPUs).
What Is a RPU Credit?
RPU credit = Rivery Pricing Unit credit:
Database and file storage sources are charged only on the amount of data transferred down to the byte.
Most application (API) based sources are charged for each execution of a data pipeline.
Applications (APIs) with high-frequency replications can be charged on the amount of data transferred similar to databases.
We charge you based on actual usage, not number of rows, allowing you to scale in a flexible and transparent way.
Why Are Database and File Storage Sources Priced Differently to API Sources?
Data replication from database and file sources consume less compute time and therefore costs less for Rivery, so we’re passing these savings onto our customers.
How Is RPU Credit Usage Calculated?
Credit usage is based on the data source and pipeline type:
|Data Source / Pipeline Type||Credit Cost|
|Application (API) Based Sources||You’re charged 1 credit every time you ingest data from a single endpoint.|
|Database Replication & File Storage Sources||You’re charged 1 credit per 100MB of data transferred (pro-rata), regardless of execution frequency.|
|Orchestration & Advanced Workflows (Logic and Transformations)||You’re charged 1 credit for every execution of an entire workflow.|
Here are some examples:
|Ingesting deal information from your CRM once every 24 hours.||1 credit a day|
|Ingesting both deal info & contact info (which have different endpoints) from your CRM every 8 hours, but just Mon-Fri||30 credits a week (2 endpoints * 3 times a day * 5 times a week = 30)|
|Running an orchestration workflow that pulls data from 5 different API sources, once a day.||6 credits a day (5 API pulls + 1 advanced workflow = 6)|
|You transfer 1,725MB of data per month between your Postgres database and your data warehouse.||17.25 credits (1,725MB / 100MB = 17.25)|
|You transfer 280MB of data per month from files on SFTP servers to your data warehouse.||2.8 credits (280MB / 100MB = 2.8)|
- Simple 'Source to Target' pipelines do not require setting up a workflow to execute.
- For application (API) based sources, pipelines that transfer more than 100MB of data per execution, one credit will be charged per 100MB of data. For example, 1 credit for an execution of up to 100MB of data transferred, 2 credits for an execution of 100MB - 200MB, etc.
- Application (API) based sources endpoints are referring to different API calls required for the same source to pull different data entities. For example, if your data source is a CRM, there may be separate API endpoints to pull both deal info & contact data.
How Is Python RPU Calculated?
The RPU of the Python Logic Step is calculated by adding the script's entire time and the quantity of network usage.
The python pricing is based on:
- Execution time of the user’s Python script (seconds)
- Server size they chose to execute the script (see below)
- Network bandwidth - 0.4 RPU for every 100MB of data transferred
|Server Size||RPU per Minute||RPU per Hour|
Where Can I Find Details About My RPU Usage?
There are 2 areas where you can get information about your RPU consumption:
When you click the Dashboard tab from the main menu, a graph of your entire activity appears. To check your RPU usage, follow the instructions below:
- Click the RPUs tab in the upper right corner.
- Select the desired timeframe in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Pick one or more sources under Rivers RPUs, to examine RPU consumption for these specific Rivers.
- The total amount of RPU for this timeframe is indicated in the bottom right corner.
Follow these steps to check your RPU usage from the Activities tab:
- Click the Activities tab from the main menu.
- Find your River.
- On the right, you'll see the entire amount of RPU.
The Logic steps icon can only be found in a Logic River that uses Python. Following the previous instructions, take the next steps:
Click on the row that highlights the River
- To locate the Python RPU's calculated in this run, search for "logicode_rpu_per_step".
What’s included in the Free Trial?
Rivery’s free trial includes access to all of the professional plan features, for 14 days or 1,000 free credits (worth $1,200) of usage, whichever expires first.
When your trial period ends, you can continue using Rivery by registering for any on-demand plan, or by contacting us to explore our annual and Enterprise plans.
Does Rivery Charge per Connector?
No, Rivery does not charge per connector and there is no minimum or maximum on the number of connectors you can use. We believe in providing you with the best single source to efficiently align your data from internal databases and third-party platforms.
Does Rivery Charge per User?
No, Rivery does not charge per user.
The Starter plan is limited to 2 users.
The Professional and Enterprise plans include unlimited users.
Does Rivery Charge per Environment?
No, Rivery does not charge per environment, although each plan has a maximum number of environments:
The Starter plan is limited to 1 environment.
The Professional plan is limited to 3 environments.
The Enterprise plan includes unlimited environments.
Is There a Minimum Number of API Integrations Required?
No, there is no limit to how many API integrations an account can have.
Are All Data Sources Available on All Plans?
Yes, all of our data sources are available on all plans.
Can Rivery Connect to Custom Sources?
Yes! You have multiple options for connecting to practically any source, in addition to Rivery's managed sources. Learn how.
How Do I Upgrade My Plan?
Our Subscription & Billing document shows you how to accomplish it.
What if I Have More Pricing Questions?
Please reach out to our sales team directly, we’d be more than happy to help.