- 12 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Google Adwords Walkthrough
- Updated on 12 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Pull data from Adwords in Rivery
The data of Adwords is organized in reports. Rivery allows users to select a report and the list of columns that will compose that report.
Select the adwords connection or create a new connection according to the instructions above.
Click on “Test connection” in order to make sure the connection is valid.
Select the report in the list of reports.
Filter status - Some reports will have the option to select a filter status similar to the one found on Adwords UI.
The filter status option sets the status of campaigns and ad groups to return and has 3 options available:
All - "REMOVED", "PAUSED", "ENABLED" - i.e. returns all campaigns and ad groups with status removed, paused or enabled.
All but removed - "PAUSED", "ENABLED"
All enabled - "ENABLED"
The default status is All enabled.
Accounts - Click in order to get the list of all available accounts in the given Adwords connection. Select an account in order to pull its data for the selected report.
Leave the account input empty in order to pull results for all available accounts
Important: Adwords does not allow you to pull data for manager accounts (more information about this can be found here. When trying to do so, you will see a message from Rivery about this issue. It won’t cause an error when running the river, but the tool will let you know that those selected manager accounts could not return results.
- Report Fields - Click in order to get a list of all available fields for the selected report.
An example of some selected fields and the list of other available fields for the report are shown above:
1. It is possible to search for a specific field in the list
2. Important - there are some combinations of fields that are not allowed to be selected together. If you do so, Rivery will display an error from Adwords, and you must go back to change the fields selection.
- Include zero impressions -
When checked, reports will not exclude any rows based on metric values and will include those with zero impressions.
Active ads that didn't attract activity (impressions, clicks, etc') will not return from the API if this fields is not checked
Note: Not all fields are being supported to be selected together when checking “include zero impressions”
- Time period
Select the type of time period of the report. It can be a custom date range (as described in the picture above) or a defined time period shown in the pop up list (for example: Yesterday, last week etc.)
Instructions if selecting ‘Date Range’:
1. Select the start date and end date.
2. Leave the end date empty in order to pull data until the moment the river runs.
3. After each run of the river, the start date will be updated automatically with the end date, and the end date will be updated with the empty value. This enables the next run to pull data from the end of the previous run.
4. Select the time zone offset. It will be relevant only if the end date is empty in order to find the moment of the river’s run according to the time zone.
5. Days back - use this input to tell Rivery to pull data from a given number of days back before the given start date.
Instructions if selecting any other value:
1. Select the timezone offset to send the correct dates that consider that offset.
Note: Google Installs metric is not available in the Google Adwords API even though it appears in the UI.