- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
The reports in Pinterest are grouped into several endpoints: The Ads Delivery Report, the user metrics reports.
Some reports have time dependency where a defined time period is needed.
All the time-dependent reports can be set using Rivery's built-in time functionalities:
The time-dependent report includes Ads Delivery Report, etc.
Select a time period:
Time-dependent reports support two kinds of time-periods:
- Date Range -
- Pulls data in the date range between the start and end date provided, including the end date.
- You must select a start date.
- Leaving the end date empty will pull data up to the current time of the river's run.
- Select a timezone offset to use dates considering the offset.
- Use the "Last Days Back For Each Run" to expand the start date and pull data a given number of days back before the chosen start date.
The Start Date won't be advanced if a River run is unsuccessful.
If you don't want this default setting, click More Options and check the box to advance the start date even if the River run is unsuccessful (Not recommended).
In the example above the river will run with a date range between "01/03/2020" and "30/03/2020".
- Predefined date - A date range defined by Rivery:
- Day - Yesterday.
- Week (From Monday to Sunday) - Week to date, Previous week, Previous week to date.
- Month - Month to date, Previous month, Previous month to date.
- Year - Year to date.
Ads Delivery Report
- Ads Delivery Report has a maximum time range of 30 days in each request. Therefore we set the default splitting time period to be 30 days.
- Getting each of the metric level attributions can be acquired with this button:
In this example, your mapping will have an additional record field named: pin_promotion_attributions holding all the information about it.
- There are several not allowed window days combination in this report, with respect to (click window days, engagement window days, view window days ):
(1, 30, 1), (1, 60, 1), (1, 60, 30), (14, 1, 1), (14, 1, 30), (14, 1, 60),(14, 30, 1), (14, 30, 30), (14, 30, 60), (14, 60, 1), (14, 60, 30), (14, 60, 60)
here is an example of such case:
In Ads Delivery Report, if the columns parameter is left empty or has Total Impression columns as shown below, and the run fails with the following message: Reach metrics cannot be requested for .., please remove those columns.
If columns were empty, and you get that error message, please select all columns and remove those fields.
The Activity Logs offer an inside perspective of the processes taking place in Pinterest river.